Sunday, February 8, 2009

God Honours those who serve Him


My dear friends and partners in Christ Jesus,

John 12:26 says, ‘Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am,my servant also will be .My Father will honour the one who serves me.
Let me share a truth with you, rather a secret with my precious friends and partners in Christ Jesus. God loves everyone –the weak and the strong,rich and the poor,young and the old,irrespective of and crossing all man made boundaries of caste,creed,colour and language. But there are some people about whom Jesus said that He will honour them. They are the people who serve God! There is no second thought for the truth that God will honour those who serve Him.
Many a times,people think that only poor people tend to serve God and yet so many others consider that serving God is despicable.But I tell you that, serving God is an honour. There is no greater honour than serving the living God Jesus Christ.
Let me take you to one of the scripture portions.Stephen when about to die said in Acts 3:56 “Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.”. In the book of Hebrews and Mark,we read that Jesus sat at the right hand of God but the above instance in the only place in New Testament where we read that ‘Jesus standing’. God honours His servants to that extent!
Today whatsoever happens to you,whatever challenges you face and which ever situations you are passing through,know the truth that God honours you and He will honour you in a way that all men can see. When God honours and recognizes you,people too will start to honour and recognize you.
In the book of Esther,we read about Haman’s plot to Kill Mordecai and all the jews. Every preparation was made to hang Mordecai but the night before that,King Xerxes could not sleep.So he ordered the book of the chronicles,the record of his reign to be brought in and read to him.In that he found that Mordecai exposed the plan of two men who had conspired to assassinate the king.The king found that no reward was given for this life saving act of mordecai. Hence the king not only spared Mordecai’s life but also honoured him and put an end to his enemy Haman. When a king wants to honour a man,all men will see that in public.It becomes evident to all people.
God remembers all that you have done for Him in the exact time.Many men of God thinks that ‘I did so many good things for God,endured numerous hardships and sacrifices but I see no change in my life’; they think that God has forgotten them and the works they have done.But I tell you,my dear co-believers,God will not forget and He cannot forget what you have done for Him.
God puts all your works for Him in the book of remembrance and will reveal the reward at the exact time.God remembered the deed of Mordecai at the exact time and rewarded him. You may not know the exact and crucial time for you but God knows it and will protect you from all evils at that time. God not only protects,He honours too.
This is what the Lord God speaks to you’ Do not think that I have forgotten all that you have done for me and I’ve forgotten to reward you.I have the reward for the right time.That will be your promotion time’.So this year,God will promote and reward you from the place you have endured shame .So be bold,strong,courageous and serve the Lord without giving up.
1 Corinthians 15:58 says ‘Therefore,my dear brothers, stand firm.Let nothing move you.Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord,because you know that your labour in the Lord is not in vain.Do not give up on any circumstances and oppositions.There is certainly a way out of that through Jesus Christ. He Himself is the way.Press on.Your time of promotion has come.
1 Peter 5:6 says ‘ Humble yourselves ,therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. The above verse says ‘…Under God’s mighty hand’ so that He may lift you in due time. Your due time has come and He will lift you up beyond your thinking. Stand close by Jesus Christ.

Your partner in the Great Harvest
Evangelist Ram Babu

No comments:

Post a Comment